For one low fee, you have access to over 80 online courses covering core subjects and many electives through our Aurora Learning System. Each one-year course contains 36 lessons, with a four-to five hour-hour workload per lesson (totaling approximately 144 class hours). A semester course contains 18 four- to five-hour lessons. Each lesson represents one week in the traditional school calendar, and includes a built in test or quiz.
Included in the fee, the parent receives their own "Teacher" login account. Aurora courses contain complete lesson plans, answer keys, assessments and a parent/teacher response component for each question. We let you, the parent, function as the Teacher, and you direct your student’s education as you feel best suits his or her needs. You are free to include or exclude any parts you wish, as well as add special assignments to enhance the course of study. Our electronic grade book provides 24/7 access to each student’s progress and archives past quizzes and tests that can be reviewed online at any time.
Our courses are self-paced for independent study. Lessons are ‘research-based’, encouraging students to find the information, not just read posted material. Our courses inspire students to become critical thinkers, who view all sides of an issue and can arrive at thoughtful conclusions, thus preparing them for college and real-life situations!
In addition to traditional courses, we also offer Honors courses in the subject areas of English, History and Science. Our Honors courses meet the needs of college-bound students seeking a challenging academic curriculum in a distance learning environment. The Honors program offers students an exciting opportunity to develop the critical thinking, research, and writing skills so essential to academic and professional success.
- Completely web-based and accessible anywhere, anytime.
- Lessons may be customized by parent or teacher
- Ability to view and compare with “other answers”
- Parent/Teacher response for each question
- Answer keys are included in the parent/teacher account...making grading lessons easy!
- Grade calculation and record keeping included
- Self-scoring/ AG (Auto graded) courses option
- Colorful, interactive sites
- Milestone Assignments
- Non-Common Core Option (aligned with National Standards prior to Common Core implementation)
- Rubrics Grading
- Honors Courses available in High School
- Optional Certified Teacher services available for an additional fee
- Enroll at anytime during the year
- Your courses are available within 2 business days after payment
- 90 day and 365 day subscriptions are available
- Unlimited* courses for one low fee!
*Only one Omega Math course is included in the fee. Additional Omega Math courses will be charged an additional $35 Administrative fee. We reserve the right to limit courses if we feel the account is being used for more than one student.
For an additional fee, a Certified Teacher can be hired to supervise your child through their course. They will answer any question your child may have, grade their lessons and tests, and help your child progress through their course. Teacher services are available for $150 per course per semester (up to 180 days). Optional teacher services are available for all Aurora courses.